Schedule of Events- 21st Annual Breckenridge International Snow Sculpture Championships 2011
Begeninning Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 Breckenridge will be host to 15 teams representing eight different countries who will put on display their fantastic art form at the 21st Annual Breckenridge Snow Sculpture Championships.
January 25 – 29 – Sculpting week
- Each team may sculpt for up to 65 hours, day and night, from January 25th – January 29th.
- The teams use hand tools to carve their sculptures without the aid of power tools. The blocks of snow weigh approximately 20 tons and is 10’ x 10’ x 12’.
- The awards ceremony is at 3 p.m. at the Riverwalk Center amphitheatre on Sunday the 30th.
- Sculptures will be on display for the public February 6th, if the temps stay cold enough.
- Sculptures are lit through the night for viewing, with fantastic LED lighting that will bring out every dimension of this fantastic artwork like never before.
Other event details…
- Bring the whole family, this event has something for people of all ages, including kids’ interactive snow sculpture on the Riverwalk Center lawn- 8 foot pipe is all I am saying.
- The Event headquarters and Snow Lounge are inside the Riverwalk Center , where you can purchase merchandise and see the history of the Breckenridge International Snow Sculpture Championships.
- Check out the sponsor sculptures in the Blue River Plaza. Each of the blocks is carved to thank our major event sponsors.
- Visitors get the chance to participate in the People’s Choice voting, for$1 you can place a vote for your favorite sculpture. Voting occurs on site until 2 p.m. on January 29th, 2011.