Time to “warm up” and plan you summer vacation in Breckenridge this year. Yes, we have had late season snow, but make no mistake, summer is on the way, and people are getting ready to explore the myriad of activities and events that make Breckenridge such a wonderful summer Vacation spot.
My five favorite recommendations for this summer-
1. Early Season whitewater rafting- As the snow melts, it provides some of the best flows of the season, and you have to catch it early to get the good stuff. As summer progresses, and less snow is melting, less water flows. Rafting is at the peak in June!
2. Kingdom Days- Our first summer event, is all Breck. Celebrating the history of Breckenridge, you get to experience mining history, museum tours, outhouse races, and a unique Breckenridge gunfight on Main Street.
3. Biking- No matter if you are a mountain or road biker, the paths, flumes, and trails are fresh, fun, and empty for most of June.
4. In Bloom- Breckenridge blooms in June a bevy of flowers, trees, and plants. The town dresses up main street with a beautiful blend of flowers, running up and down main street, that will test your knowledge of colors. Aspens are popping open, exposing their “ace” shape to the sun, and providing a refreshing green color to our town. Our columbines, the Colorado state flower, peak in late June, mixing several beautiful colors with one of the most attractive flowers one can find.
5. Lodging is inexpensive- Prior to mid June, lodging is extremely affordable, then it becomes affordable after June 15th. All summer long, you can experience all of Breckenridge, for an unbelievable price.