Posted by toby | Monday, January 25, 2010
Breckenridge Property Management and Vacation Rental Management, do you need help?
I own or am looking to purchase a home in Breckenridge and want to know what are the benefits and pitfalls of Short term renting it? How does Resort Managers Breckenridge Property Management work for me, the homeowner?
If you currently own, or are looking to purchase a home in Breckenridge, you may be considering short term renting your property. Here is the short list of advantages and disadvantages of Short term renting your Breckenridge Property.
Advantages of Breckenridge Vacation Rental Management
-Pay your bills- Short term renting your property allows the ability to generate income and to potentially offset a large portion of the expense of owning a home in Breckenridge, without giving up the ability to use the home yourself.
-Protect your home- By utilizing Breckenridge Property Management services; you have someone watching over your home while you are away. A good Breckenridge Property Management company will do frequent checks on your property ensuring your home is well cared for and mitigation any sort of damage that could occur.
- Build your equity- Upon resale of your home a solid rental history can make it more appealing to prospective purchasers. If a potential buyer knows that can generate revenue based on past performance your home will generally secure a better resale price.
Disadvantages of Breckenridge Vacation Rental Management
-NONE! “But wait, there have to be pitfalls. My friend told me it is a nightmare.”
Common Misconceptions about short term Breckenridge Property Management
-“I can’t use it when I want.” Wrong, you can blackout your property for you own use at any time and for how ever long you like. Owners always have first choice to use their own property. Rentals are booked around the owner’s dates, not the other way around.
-“Renters will destroy my property.” Wrong. While accidents will happen from time to time, we make a point to have no less than two inspections done prior to and after each guest rental. This ensures if an accident were to happen, the guest would be held accountable for it and the problem would be remedied without any involvement or expense to the owner. However, most guests leave the property in better condition that they found it and we make it a point to inform each guest of this expectation.
- “My property will be fine without management.” Maybe. Your property should be fine unmanaged. But what happens when it gets broken in to, when the power or gas go out and the pipes freeze, when it floods, when an ice dam causes water to leak through the roof, or when someone needs to be there to address any of these type of emergencies?
The long and short of Breckenridge Property Management services is this- They cannot hurt, they can only help. Breckenridge Resort Managers is here to help you. More informarion on our Breckenridge Property Management sercices here.
- Activities (21)
- Breckenridge (30)
- Breckenridge Activities (65)
- Breckenridge Events (69)
- Breckenridge Rental Homes (13)
- Deals (16)
- Events (31)
- Lift Tickets (3)
- Lodging (12)
- Places To Vacation (19)
- Property Management (16)
- Rafting (1)
- Ski Free (1)
- Ski In (1)
- Ski Lifts (3)
- Ski Rentals (4)
- Snow Conditions (29)
- Snow Report (30)
- Spring Massive (1)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Vacation Rental Management (12)