Tips on finding the best lodging deal on a rental home or condo for your Breckenridge vacation
1. Be flexible- If you are able to fill a gap in the middle of the week, postpone your dates by a couple of days, shorten your stay, occupy a larger or smaller Breckenridge rental property than you initially wanted, or even go out of town a bit many lodging companies and owners alike will be able to discount their rates for your vacation rental condo. Being flexible allows a property manager to fit you into their calendar more effectively, meaning savings for you.
2. Stay longer- Shorter vacations are a symptom of the current economic situation, people cannot afford the week long Breckenridge retreat this year. 3 and sometimes 2 night stays over a weekend are becoming more commonplace this year. Because of that you may be able to get a good discount, or a free night if you are staying 5 nights or more. Because lodging companies are attempting to fill weeks and not just weekends they may offer more in savings for a longer stay.
3. Stay frequently- Guests who are able to come to Breckenridge and stay in a vacation home several times in the same season may be able to realize savings through a return guest discount. IF you are able to stay at the same vacation rental condo multiple times in a season, or over the year, a property manager will be more likely to pass on some good savings to you.
4. Be reasonable- Discounts are out there, but realize that people have to make money to consider your offer. Shopping around and low balling every nightly rate will get you nowhere and you are likely to waste a good amount of time and miss out on a good deal by doing so. While you are busy offering $80 a night for a room, someone else could be booking it for $110 a night and keeping you from finding the good deal you are looking for.
5. Wait!- Last minute deals are becoming increasingly easy to find. If you can wait until a week or two before your stay, the lodging you are looking for is ready to cut a deal to get a booking. Caution though, waiting can also backfire on your vacation plan. It is possible to wait too long, or during the wrong season and miss out on you lodging totally.
6. Take a tour- I hate to be an advocate of this, so this is not a recommendation, just info for you. Timeshare companies that are currently selling resort weeks love to give free lodging to people, if you take a tour and subject yourself to a hard sales pitch. This can work for many people who can work the system, but if you are a pushover you might end up leaving your vacation with a week every two years in Breckenridge.
7. Crash- Got a friend in Breckenridge, Florida, California? Pay them a much anticipated visit, I am sure they are more than happy to host a snoring mass on their sleeper sofa for a week. Drop in and surprise is recommended as advanced reservations are not usually taken.
Visit us at http://www.rmlodging.com/ for a selection of Breckenridge lodging deals.